The Foot Drop System XFT-2001 is a single channel, tilt or foot sensor switch controlled neuromuscular stimulator designed to correct dropped foot.Self adhesive skin electrodes are placed on the side of the leg over a nerve called the common peroneal.
Stimulation causes the foot to lift (dorsiflexion) and tilt slightly (eversion).Electrode positions can also be chosen that produces a reflex action, adding knee and hip flexion.Stimulation also can be timed to walking by using a pressure switch placed in the shoe under the heel.Stimulation begins when the heel is lifted from the ground and ends just after heel strike.Stimulation causes the foot to lift and stabilises the ankle when the foot is returned to the ground.
1. Switch: tilt sensor and foot sensor combined.
2. Biphasic asymmetrical balanced wave brings acomfortable feeling to the patient.
3. With Gait Analyst Software, the clinician can read/analyze gait and set parameters through PC for the patient.
4. Intensity/ pulse width/ mode can be adjusted on the Stim. unit directly.
5. With 2 stim. Units (1 for left leg, 1 for right leg), 4 cuffs ( 2 for adult, 2 for pediatric) and 2 foot sensors, it is very complete and economical.
6. Treat foot drop caused by stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy or incomplete spinal cord injuries.
Stimulation Trigger Source:
Tilt Sensor and Foot Sensor
Who can use Foot Drop System XFT-2001?
Foot Drop System XFT2001can be effective where movement has been lost due to nerve injury / disease within the brain or spinal cord.This is called an upper motor neuron lesion. If you are experiencing foot drop (drop foot), paralysis or paresis as a result of a Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Traumatic Brain Injury or Spinal Cord Injury, you may benefit by using Foot Drop System XFT-2001. The Foot Drop System is also used by clinicians as a FES tool for variety Neuro rehabilitation.
PLEASE NOTE: Foot Drop System XFT-2001 is not suitable for lower motor neuron conditions.This is where the nerve that runs from the spinal cord to the muscle is damaged.This is the case in conditions such as:
- Peripheral nerve lesions
- Poliomyelitis (Polio)
- Motor neuron disease
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
Regular use of the Foot Drop System XFT-2001 will give:
- Improved ground clearance
- Reduced tripping and falls
- Reduced compensatory movements such as hip hitching or circumduction (swing the leg out sideways)
- Reduced effort of walking
- Reduced spasticity in the calf and quadriceps muscle
- Increased walking speed
- Heel strike with eversion
- Improves the position of the foot in weight bearing resulting in greater stability in stance
- Greater walking range of mobility
- Greater safety, confidence and independence while walking
- Long term therapeutic benefit resulting in improved unaided walking
therapeutic benefit resulting in improved unaided walking
|Foot Drop System XFT-2001|
|Classification||Type BF equipment|
|Power source||3.7 V, LiIon battery|
|Maximum current||0-80mA,1 mA(Adjustable)|
|Operation modes||Gait, training|
|Waveform||Biphasic, rectangular wave|
|Pulse rate||20- 45, 5Hz(Adjustable)|