Measure 15cm above and below the knee
Q. Why does the GenuTrain P3 come in right or left versions?
A. GenuTrain P3 is anatomically knit to fit the right or left leg for comfortable, effective therapy.
It also has a silicone insert with a tracking guide to prevent the patella from shifting out of place.
The guide is always on the lateral (outside) of the insert, because the patella shifts in this direction.
Therefore, there is a left and right version to ensure that the tracking guide is on the correct side.
Q. What are the stays made of and what are they for?
A. The stays are made of spiraled stainless steel (like a slinky toy when it is flat) so they are very flexible and won't rust when wet. The stays have plastic tips on the ends so they won't make holes in the material. The stays help prevent the support from rolling.
Q. How does it stay up? (others have Velcro straps) A. GenuTrain P3 is anatomically knit to fit the right or left leg so it won't slide like some other products. It also features 4 stainless steel stays to help prevent the support from rolling. When properly measured and fitted, the product will stay comfortably in place.
- 01 Muscle-relaxing pad
Reduces the lateral pull at the patella, reduces pain
- 02 Corrective guide
Stops the patella from drifting laterally
- 03 Patella cover
Counteracts the tilting of the patella
- 04 Corrective strap
can be individually adjusted for optimal kneecap control
- 05 Pad wing
Proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, improved proprioception
- 06 Viscoelastic pad
Flat, anatomical design, excellent wearing comfort, centers the kneecap
- 07 Hoffa pads
- Distal reinforcement (directed inwards), compression of the infrapatellar fat pad, reduces pain
- P3 stands for "permanent patella protection" - because the GenuTrain P3 protects the patella (kneecap) securely during every movement. The kneecap is centered using a specially shaped massage pad with high sides and inward-facing silicone dots for exerting pain-relieving compression on Hoffa's fat pad. An adjustable corrective strap helps to protect the kneecap from drifting sideways and can be tightened to various degrees depending on the loading situation. A second wedge-shaped massage pad at the upper outside edge of the support slightly eases the pressure on the tendons connected to the kneecap, thus minimizing the outward pull. This provides relief for the kneecap and support during its natural movement. The support's compressive knit and two pads exert a pain-relieving massage effect during movement, which helps to reduce swelling more quickly and activates the muscles that stabilize the joint
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (chondropathy, chondromalacia)
- Patellar tip syndrome (patellar tendonitis)
- Lateralization of the patella (dislocation tendency)
- High-riding patella (patella alta)
- Feeling of instability
- Anterior knee pain
- After lateral release surgery